An Alias is an alternate URL for a page on your web site. You can create an Alias for the old address of a page that has been moved so users will be redirected if they attempt to access the old address. You can also use an Alias to create a short URL for a page so you can reference it more easily in a marketing campaign, email, or on Twitter.
Creating an Alias
1. Go to a page where you want to add an Alias.
2. Select Aliases from the Properties menu.
3. Click the Add button to add a new Alias.
4. Enter the address of the new alias in the Alias field, making sure to leave the leading slash (“/”) in place.
5. Enter a Comment.
6. Press Save when complete.
In the above example, the page could now be accessed at yoursite.com/Promo in addition to the standard address.